All my growing up years, my siblings would always come complaining to me to put my book down. "Come play in the snow." "Come ride bikes with us." I can still remember the complaints--sometimes, they'd even go "tattle" to my mom, so I'd have to go outside with them.
But when I left for college, something changed, and I never found the time (or I should say desire) to pick up a fiction book again. So, why now? Why would I get lost in a book years later, when I am trying to raise 3 children and am pregnant? I really don't know--unless somehow it's helping me keep my sanity! It's definitely not because I have free time all the sudden.
Anyhow, I LOVED the Host. I haven't read her other books--nor am I sure that I want to read the Twilight books, though I loved the movie (I know, weird, huh?). SO, I am now open to suggestions. Have you read a good book lately? If so, let me know what it is!
Oh, also, as I mentioned above "raising 3 kids"-- a week after we got our first foster child, we got a second (just after my last blog post). So for the past month and a half, we've had our 2 1/2 yr old Kily, plus a 2 yr old foster daughter, and a 7 yr old foster son. I think in the next 3 weeks or so we'll be finding out what gender our new baby will be, so we'll keep you posted!
9 comments:
Oh my gosh! You have got to be the busiest person to be a mother of three and pregnant - and yet you still find time to read! Please share your secrets with me! I have a hard time finding time to get ready every day and I only have baby! Also, I'm not good with book advice. I'm re-reading the "Twilight" series again. :)
I figured you were saying Jose was your third child. :)
You guys are awesome. We are excited to see you guys in June!
you must be wonder woman to be taking care of 3 kids AND still find time to read. I can barely do it with one! And I loved The Host too. You guys are coming out in June? (Saw Mike's comment) So exciting!
I'm reading The Host right now. It's good, but very different. Congrats on all the kids, staying busy! I homeschool and the only time I read is after I give the kids their lessons and they do them while I read and stop when they need help, I read about half a page at a time! I'm not good at remembering what I read, just fiction in general I guess. Go to the library and just pick up a bunch of the new releases, you'll be sure to find something good.
Hey guys---just to clear the confusion--1. i am NO superwoman mom. There were definitely responsibilities that were shirked while i was reading.... :) 2. We're not going to UT this summer (wish we were though!) The Becksteads happen to be vacationing this way.
Krystal, here are a few suggestions for books I've liked.
Beauty (Robin McKinley, all her books are fantasy, but I like most of the ones I've read)
Mount Vernon Love Story (Mary Haggins Clark, about George Washington and his life)
Go Toward the Light (Chris Oyler, a little boy got AIDS from a blood transfusion, sad but good. Written by an LDS lady)
Rebecca (Daphne DuMaurier, have you seen the movie that Alfred Hitchcock did about this book? Both the movie and book are good :)
)
I'll try to think of some more and send them your way. I'm glad to hear that things are going good, even if they are pretty crazy. Good luck with everything!!
Krys! Wow 3 kids! Way to go. Can't wait to find out what you are having. I loved the twilight series. You will too if you liked the movies. The books are way better. Also, I found that I like re reading old classics from highschool, like The Great Gatsby, or a Wrinkle in Time, Catcher in the Rye....etc. Also, Secret Life of Bees, The Kite Runner, I could go on forever. Good luck. I have too many suggestions to list here! :)
isn't it great fun being a mommy krystal.
Post a Comment