And in the midst of preparing ourselves mentally for the baby in September, yesterday we officially became foster parents to an adorable little 2 year old! She is tinier than Kily but just as happy, talkative, and outgoing. They're really cute together. It's a bitter-sweet experience for Kily: She LOVES having a constant playmate to run around with, give hugs to, talk to at night, etc, but the concept of sharing toys, Mommy's lap, Daddy time... will take a little getting used to:) But really, after just 24hrs, they both have done an amazing job adapting. I'm about to get a crash course on being a mother of twins :)
We started the application process for Foster Care 6 months ago, and it seemed to take forever to complete. I think I was almost starting to think it never would happen...until I got the phone call yesterday!
Anyhow, it's been a month full of blessings from the Lord, and we are excited to see what happens!
8 comments:
So excited for you guys!
Krystal - I am so excited for you. Congrats on the Baby and becoming foster parents - You all are amazing!
That is so amazing Krystal!
Congrats! Were really happy for you guys.
We miss you guys!!
I am sooooo excited for you! How are you feeling? You are really an amazing mother, so it's no wonder the new little girl is adapting so well. You are expecting a new baby and being foster parents! You are incredible. Can't wait to find out what you're having! :) Miss you!
Congrats to you guys! Your family is growing so quickly!
Congratulations! I watch a little girl 5 days a week who is only 5 months younger than Keegan and I imagine it's a lot like having twins. You'll be a pro at it before you know it! :)
Yea! Congratulations to you & Jose on the new baby, I'm so excited! The foster child situation sounds fun, yet challenging. Do you have any idea how long she will be with you? How fun for Kily!
Hooray for baby number 2! How fun!
Post a Comment