Time is passing by all too fast, and I usually fail to stop and record the little things that happen that make life a little happier and fuller. These things of course are usually centered around our crazy little 2 yr old, Kily. So, for my future enjoyment, I'm going to record a few of the funny things Kily does or says:
- One day I was singing Kily the "clean-up" (Spoon full of Sugar) song from Mary Poppins--one of Kily's favorite movies--and when I came to the part where Mary sings to herself in the mirror and her reflection sings back, Kily chimed in, right on cue with "Cheeky!" (If you love Mary Poppins like we do, you'll know that part).
- Last night we decided her nickname should be "cheeky" since she loves using her new word so much. When we call her Cheeky, she turns and looks over at us with her hands on her hips.
- Kily survived Potty Training! Whenever we ask her to "do more", and she can't, she'll say, "It's broken!" and then once she is able to go a little bit more, she exclaims, "i fixed it!
- Anytime an electronic is "broken," (sometimes the TV or DVDs just won't turn on ;) Kily is quick to remind me that Daddy will fix it. She already knows who to turn to:)
- She loves to sing, "Elmo's Song" as she plays, changing the words to anything from "twinkle, twinkle" to "mommy sit down with me."
- Almost daily, Kily asks me to turn on the music so she can dance. She loves to dance and twirl and show off her ballet steps: passe, tendu, plie.
- At night when I tuck her in, Kily always asks for, "Mommy's Song"
- When it's time for her prayers, she ALWAYS says, "no, mommy" because she thinks I'm going to help her and she wants to do it herself.
- She calls her Tio Eddie, Tutu, which has now become an endearing name to him:) Abuela's name is synonymous with "Food." Kily loves her grandma's food so much she used to call her "Abuela Food." She can down any Mexican food you throw at her.
- Any letter or envelope we get in the mail, Kily assumes is for her from her great "Mama."
- Kily often cries when Daddy leaves for work, saying "work, work" hoping he'll take her with him:) She also loves to bring him an apple or banana every morning before he walks out the door.
- Kily loves her new robe (thanks Angie!) And runs after it anytime she sees me in mine.
- Kily has been able to point out Christ in artwork for well over a year, calling him by name. But recently as her praying abilities are increasing, whenever she sees a picture of Christ she calls him, "Jesus Christ Amen."
That's all I can think of for now....thanks for indulging!
7 comments:
How adorable! Time does go by fast, and it will never slow down! They just keep growing! She sounds like a sweetheart, and her pictures, oh my gosh, just perfect!
How cute!!! She is adorable!! I loved reading this! Be sure to post more!! She is such an independent child!! hahah, atta girl! :)
What a fun girl! We are still planning on our Portland trip this summer!
Fun stories! I would love to see her dancing.
I LOOOOVVE this post!
Awwwwwww
Awwwwww
Post a Comment