Sunday, March 02, 2008

Blog Relevance: A Message to our Readers

I must admit, I (Jose) was hesitant to start "blogging" in its truest sense. Initially, when we started this blog it was intended to bridge the distance between our family and friends as Krystal and I became engaged. Part of my hesitation lay in adding to the superficialness that can sometimes exist in a blogger's newest post about the latest trip to the supermarket, the new "news" about the unimportant, the latest basketball game, etc. etc. Now, don't get me wrong--I am not at all implying that somehow, what I have to say is more relevant or important than what other bloggers have to say. In fact, I have been inspired by the various blogs I have read from our various friends and family. What I mean to say, is that our goal is write MORE than simply the superficial aspects of our lives, share the latest pictures of Kily(though I am sure there will be plenty of that), or about our latest trip to Rome (I wish)--this blog first and foremost is to share our ideas, thoughts, feelings, philosophies, hopes, and faith with those that are closest to us. As Fran Lebowitz once commented, "Great people talk about ideas, average people talk about things, and small people talk about wine".

Though we look forward to sharing some of the ins and outs of our daily lives, the latest pictures and videos of Kily, as well as various aspects of our lives--we hope you will gain much more than a better understanding of who we are--but rather, that you will gain a better understanding of who you are.

2 comments:

Michael B said...

Well stated and very thought provoking on what a blog really is...

Berkley said...

Wow, deep.