Thursday, July 29, 2010

Update

Hi Friends! Sorry for the lack of updates:) I am doing much better---still have numbness from the chest down and am waiting for my hand strength to come back, but that's about it.....just taking things one day, week at a time. I had another set of MRI's done last week and this time it came back showing something. My neurologist is pretty confident I had a stroke of the spinal cord! Crazy, huh?! I didn't even know that was possible! If it's not that, then it is possibly "transverse myelitis." While those two health conditions are completely different, their symptoms are very similar. And the recovery aspect seems to be similar as well. Either way, many people who have what I have have a very slow to little recovery, and comparatively, mine is moving along much faster already. For many people the condition is devastating and life-altering. I know I've been blessed and protected since this all began. I am so grateful for the power and comfort of prayer and Priesthood blessings.

Baby Jorge (no this is not his name, just a "fetus name" that Jose lovingly started calling him hahaha)---is doing great. We can't believe he'll be here in 2 months!!!! Life is so busy at the moment, that 2 months seems waaaaay to close!

Jose just started a new job as an OR DHS Child Welfare Social Worker. He loves it! He'll have to get on here and give you a proper job description but he is working with child protective services and doing case management for foster care children/families. He has a 40 min commute to Oregon City, but it's well worth it.

Kily and our foster son are doing great. With school out, she has enjoyed a playmate during the day. Kily is growing so fast---she is very talkative and is so cute she can get away with anything, if I'm not careful :) She is very excited to see "the baby in mommy's tummy."

Well, I don't have much else to say or any great stories to share...hopefully I'll get back on here soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update. We pray for your complete recovery. I admire your positive attitude and outlook. What a scary and unusual challenge.

When you get a minute, send me an email via FB or to my work address. I want to mail you the latest "District" if you haven't received a copy already.

You're great! Thank you for your example.

Kirsta and Morian said...

Well, I hope you continue to improve! We're pretty excited to see your new baby too! And find out his real name!

Mark and Bethany said...

I love your postive attitude and your faith in the Lord. You have always been such an example to me. I hope you continue to improve and recover and that the little one comes soon so you daughter can play. When my youngest came my son, he was only 18 months old, he thought she was his own special play thing. Now, at 2 and 3, they are seriosuly the best of friends. I love seeing siblings play together, too cute! Keep us posted, I hope all keeps going well.

Charlotte said...

LOL...I love the way you make it seem as though your trials are so small...I love you dear! You may never know how your testimony is helping others...Thank you so much for sharing and staying on the happy side of things. Please continue to keep us informed of your progress...

Ellen said...

Krystal,
I'm so glad to hear how well you're doing. I know it's been slow-going, but your positive attitude makes the healing process so much better. Happy (early) 4th Anniversary this month, too! :)

Anonymous said...

Krystal: this is your MOM!! It always says anonyous because I don't know how to do the identity thing ...anyway. I LOVE YOU TONS! Thank you for your constant beautiful example during your trial. We are all praying for you , thank you for you positive attitude and love you continue to show for the family and concerns while we back home are constantly concerned for you! We can not wait to meet your little boy soon. Thank you to all you good friends of Krystal and Jose for your prayers.
Krystals mom!