Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Our Dog Died




Well, more like my dog. Ever since I got married, I've wanted a dog--but since our apartments wanted to charge a ridiculous pet deposit, I went out and got an imaginary dog (without Jose's permission). He thought I was crazy, but I've always had imaginary friends--so why not a pet? He kept saying I was too old to have imaginary anythings, but I wasn't about to drop 500 bucks on a pet deposit, or let necessity dictate whether or not I enjoyed the companionship of a faithful black lab (1/2 schnauzer, couldn't quite picture a full bread since I've only had mutts growing up). Anyway, I don't really know what happened to him. This whole past week he was very lathargic. Every time I called him over to play, he would just sit there. Wouldn't even think of fetching anything I threw at him (including his favorite chew toy I bought him). Anyway, he is in a better place. Probably living in the thoughts of some other lucky child whose parents refused to get them a "real" dog for Christmas. You will be missed Raymond.

(P.S. The dog pictured is about as close to what I could find of what Raymond looked like in my mind)

-Krystal

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were wanting a dog since you got married?

The Cole Family said...

You are so funny! Samantha wanted a dog for Christmas but she got a stuffed one instead. Maybe it went to her :)

The Best Sister Ever said...

Krys this is soooo random...wow. Did you get paid to post that on your blog???
-Bethany

AmyCurtis said...

Ha! Very funny Jose! (I mean it. It is really funny =)