Thursday, August 27, 2009

Living the Dream in Oregon

What have we been up to lately? WELL, a lot. Let me give you a brief update of the past 2.5 months (which by the way it feels more like a year since we left Oklahoma).

So, we arrived here in the Portland area in June. It was a huge move to make but felt the Lord was guiding us here. With only 2 months of the summer left before we would know if Jose was going to Law School this Fall, we felt this was the time to come up here and be with his family.

Jose being the only member of the Church in his family, we had high hopes that maybe the Lord was sending us here to share the Gospel with his family. Upon arriving, we had no idea how much God had already been doing to prepare his sister Jessica to progress in the Gospel. There are many more amazing details to this story but the most amazing part is that August 7, Jessica was baptized and became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! It has all been such a special experience to share something like this with family. Jessica has a powerful testimony and is a great example to us and her own family of what it means to be a disciple of Christ.

While all of that has been going on, Jose continued job searching while we also are taking care of our nieces during the day. Last week, Jose got a great job with Catholic Charities, El Programa Hispano. He loves it and loves having his own
office :)

Soon, we'll have our own place again and then I'll be a better blogger---with pictures of the fun stuff happening to us up here. Love and miss you all!

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

I've been wondering what happened to you! So neat about Jessica! I can't wait to see pictures of Kily. I loved the ones of her in the leo and tights.

Michael B said...

That is awesome about Jose's sister! Man, tell Jose I am sorry for not staying in better touch, although he has my number too! We need to get up to Portland - this is our excuse!

Kirsta and Morian said...

It's good to hear you guys are still alive and kicking! That's great news about Jose's sister. And his new job. Yes, we are still in Utah, up in Salt Lake now. Morian is actually looking for a new job right now, so who knows where we will end up in the next couple months?!

Celeste said...

How amazing about Jose's sister! And I hope you're loving Portland, my home ::sigh::. Did you know the Burgon's and Bartholemew's are there also? You should have a little 140th ward reunion or something. Say hi to the NW for us!

Mary said...

I am so glad to hear that you are all doing so well! I have never been to Portland, I may have to make a trip out there!

Ellen said...

So good to hear from you Krystal! I'm glad everything's going so well for you in Oregon, although we miss you here. :) I'm taking tap from Michelle this fall. She's such a great teacher and so energetic, which makes it very fun.

Dr. Dennis N. Marshall said...

Krystal-my husband works for Catholic Charities as well. He is an immigration case worker. What are the chances. I hope that all goes well