Kily and I got to spend a quick but wonderful 5 days in OK during October. What was the special occasion? Well, we can't go down for the holidays this year and Kily was just one week shy of turning two:) Kily LOVED seeing all the planes (she didn't realize we were actually on one until the last leg of the return flight when she got to touch it). She'd yell "Airmane!" at each one we saw. She was a great passenger---she loved looking out the window, playing with the tray (to the dismay of the poor person in front of us), and meeting our aisle seatmates!
Kily and I had a great time with the family. It was actually nice to be there not during the holiday, so we could just hang out without the pressure of other activities. Kily loved playing with her Grandpa. They are best buds! She loves singing and reading with Grandma. And when she saw her great grandma, she yelled "Mama" and ran to her with open arms.
My trip happened to coincide with the end of a church youth activity much of my family participated in. The youth had an incredible stake pioneer trek. They pulled handcarts for 20 miles within 2 days. At the very end, all the youths' families were invited to come greet them singing "Come come ye Saints" as they came to the end of their difficult journey. It was a very touching experience for all. This "surprise" part of the activity was on Saturday afternoon. My siblings thought I was flying into town Sunday morning but I actually came Friday....so Kily and I were able to stand with the family, welcoming our sisters home. They were shocked--one because we were early but two because of the spiritual journey they had just experienced. I can't really put it into words, but I'll never forget the looks on their faces--the instant tears of joy.
1 comment:
Great pictures Krystal...in some of them you look so much like your Aunt Charlotte, I had to look at them twice! Kily is absolutely adorable, as always!
Post a Comment